Side affects to interferon are aches and pains like when you have the flu and fatigue. I have had both for the past 3 weeks. I am getting tired of feeling generally blah. For the first 2 1/2 weeks of treatment I was sleeping about 12 hours a night. I couldn't stay awake much past 7. This week I haven't been sleeping as well. The good part of sleeping has been sleeping through the pain. Now that I am not sleeping as well I tend to also feel more uncomfortable. The good news is that I have one more week of this intense treatment. I then go to the next level of treatment, which will be injections of more interferon 3 times a week. Hopefully the symptoms I have been experiencing will be reduced.
I am so grateful to all the angels who drive me to Kaiser. I continue to be touched deeply by the calls, cards, emails, flowers and good thoughts. You all give me strength.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ellen, I am thinking of you and pulling for you many times a day. I think of all the healthy food you've put into your body over the years that makes you so strong and well. You are our little warrior, brave and defiant against any possible assault from wayward cells. Surround yourself with the love from all of us. We will protect our friend. Love to you, Randy
ReplyDeleteEllen, Letting you know that I am thinking of you, and sending you love and healing. I know that the interferon treatments are rough. I am glad to hear that you will soon be in the next level of treatment. Hopefully, you will begin to regain your strength, and the aches and pains will lessen. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteJan