Monday was my first day of treatment. Monday night was a nightmare. I was miserable. I was terrified of having to do this for 19 more days.
I am generally a planner. I schedule my time to be efficient and productive. This experience is challenging me to stay present and not to think much about the future. Live for now. Be here now.
Thankfully each day got better this week. Even with each day being better I find around 2 in the afternoon I start to get anxious wondering what tonight will be like. I am 25% done with the intense first month and I now feel confidant I can handle this.
My daily vision is if there are any unwanted satellite cells in my body that this interferon treatment is going to confuse the heck out of those cells and they are going to fall apart and leave.
I seem to be having a typical reaction to the interferon. I feel a bit achy, sore muscles, low energy and a general blah feeling. It isn't fun, but it is manageable.
All of my caregivers at Kaiser have been outstanding. My oncologist, Niccoli, is the father of 3 wonderful children all who Danny taught. Each year Danny has a special connection with a few of the families he teaches and Niccoli's family is one of those. It is extra special to have his support for me and for Danny.
I have the weekend off. I am looking forward to a terrific Sunday and fantastic Monday (at least until 3:30).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Ellen,
ReplyDeleteYay--congratulations!! You definitely ARE amazing !:)
Love,
Carrie
XO
Thumbs Up! Sean gives you his regards. I will make sure he knows you have a new post.
ReplyDeleteLove you.
Yer Bro
Sorry to hear about the tough couple of days after the treatment.
ReplyDeleteWe are all thinking about you.
Get better and come back down to Southern Cal and see my baby girl (Alana).
Best to you.
Sean (and the entire Watkins' family)