I believe love and prayers in whatever form you do pray does heal. All of the love and prayers along with my strong spirit and excellent health helped me to get home quickly and is helping with my healing. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am so grateful for all of your wonderful energy.
I am spending the bulk of my time in bed, resting, with some time in the fresh air too. My body is telling me what I can and need to do, yet my mind is challenging the body a bit. I am used to being active, but that just isn't a possibility right now.
Monday morning when I entered the hospital I was feeling in excellent physical shape, strong and healthy. I am not sure I would be home today if it weren't for my commitment to regular training the past few years. I now feel a stronger commitment to continue my training and to encourage others to do so as well. My upper body strength and my core strength are helping me all day long. I need that just to get in and out of bed.
My time in the hospital was as positive as it could be. I was so lucky to have Sierra by my side where generally patients don't have family members with them, both pre surgery and in recovery after surgery. And then I had my entire family with me after the surgery. I don't remember much about that night. Tuesday I stayed in bed all day. My intuition told me to rest and rest is what I did. Kaiser has a television station that has healing soft music with beautiful scenes from nature. I had the station on all day and dozed in and out and felt very peaceful. Wednesday morning I woke at 6 and again my intuition said, get up now, which I did. I knew I needed to start to move and get my body active again. It was good too as I was getting some fluid in the lungs. I told Danny I need to get strong and go home before I get sick in the hospital. So when my Dr. said I could probably go home in the evening I did everything I could to make it happen. Driving home was the most challenging time I've ever had in a car. I was miserable. I should have taken a stronger pain medication, but I never considered how sensitive I would be to every bump in the car. Again, my strength helped here. I spent as much time as I could holding my body off the seat, either pushing my legs to lift me, or holding onto the handle and pulling myself up off the seat.
It's great to be home. I am up for visits. I am up for movie recommendations. Next week I may be up for driving to the flat area of Kenwood and short walks. I've got my mom here this week. She is taking good care of me.
Thank you for the cards, the flowers, the love, the good thoughts, and especially for the support of my family. I know this has been a hard time for each person in a different way and your love has helped everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Ellen--Your blog and you sound marvelous. I managed to feel better after talking with you today! You have such spirit and determination and I know you are going to have a fine recovery. Music, books, movies, walks----sounds like just the right things to do. I am also so glad that your family and friends are taking such good care of you. With love to all and especially you...........Ruth
ReplyDeleteOh, beautiful woman, I, for one, can't wait to put my eyes on you and my arms around you!!! I'm absolutely positive that in wishing this, I am in very good and abundant company! What a relief to know that you are in your wonderful sanctuary, healing, loving, and being loved, loved, loved!!!
ReplyDeleteCherishing you,
Terri
So good to hear from you. I have been traveling, and so only got email updates about how you were doing. I knew you were home already. Good for you. You have a great attitude. Keep up the good work. I will keep sending you love and light.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Jan