Wednesday, August 26, 2009

patience

Healing takes time.
I thought since I came home from the hospital fast I would miraculously be all better in a few days.
I now know that my job right now is to be patient and let the natural course of healing occur. My big culprit is a lot of swelling. If I stand for even five minutes I feel the difference. So, I have been spending most of the day laying down. (no walks in the flat yet...this will come soon I hope) This is different for me! I must say I am very lucky to have such a wonderful place to heal. The mornings have been cold and foggy, but the afternoons have been gorgeous. My afternoons have been spent laying on different chaise lounges under the trees, watching birds and squirrels play, reading books and visiting with people I love and cherish.
Danny and my mom have been nurturing me all day long. I am very lucky to have such great caregivers.
Friday will be a big day. Another drive to SF and in the rush hour this time. I expect to learn if surgery is all the treatment needed or if more decisions need to be made. I am actually okay with not knowing until Friday. I am preparing myself to accept what ever news I receive in the best way that I can.
I love visits, even if they tire me out. Friends and family are the core of my existence. Danny says that since I don't have many creative projects (unlike Danny who has endless creative projects) that loving my family and friends is my hobby. So here I am writing on this blog and sending love to all of you! Enjoy your day as each day is a miracle!

2 comments:

  1. I love you and miss you and want to come visit you. Life is your hobby! Your energy and love are your creative endeavors. I would like to plan a time to visit you (maybe bring my fams?).

    Love, Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! I'm happy that you are on the mend. I am amazed at your patience and depth of understanding during this healing time. I know how hard it is to let go and allow your body the rest it needs.
    I'm cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete