The surgery was definitely successful. Sierra says the pathology report was music to her ears. That made me happy! There is no cancer in the lymph nodes that were removed and the margins had no cancer. This is very good news. As to what is next, that is still a bit of a mystery. The tumor board will discuss my case next Friday, September 4 and I will see a medical oncologist on September the 8th. He too is new to Kaiser, coming from UCSF. Honestly, I wish I had all the answers now. Don't get me wrong though, I am glad to have the professionals all discussing my situation to be sure I get the best care that is possible. There is a good chance that the protocol will be that no further treatment is necessary than the surgery.
It has been a different day. I took a stronger pain killer for the drive to SF. I am very slow moving, slow thinking, and less emotional than normal. I am finding it a bit challenging to even write here in the blog.
Here are the highlights of the day:
Good news from Dr. Powell!!!!
Spending time with my dear friend Nancy who drove me to SF and back
Visiting my sister in law Lindy in her back yard in SF and getting about 20 movies from her to watch while I continue to recover. Dr. Powell says I have about 4 more weeks of this recovery business.
Going to the grocery store....I haven't been anywhere for almost two weeks and it was fun to be in a grocery store!
And to top it off to recieve a video made for me, from the people who I consider to be my friends that I love and respect at Watkins (the manufacturer of HotSpring Spas). I actually smiled, laughed and cried as I watched it.
Danny just walked into the house with fresh veges and fruit. We have a lot to celebrate!
My mom is home now. Next week I will be on my own at home while Danny is working. If you want to spend time with the squirrels and the birds, come and visit!
This blog is a great way to communicate to many people at one time, and it overwhelms me that I have wonderful people in my life that care! Believe me your caring touches me more deeply than you can ever know. Sending you all much much love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Such good news! I laughed and cried also. Did you like the office of the Special Projects Guy?
ReplyDeleteWonderful news. Sounds like a great day! Here's to many more of them.
ReplyDeleteEllen, I'm so glad to hear this news. I've been thinking about you each day and sending my love.
ReplyDeleteKisses to you and Danny.
Wendy
Congratulations!! I'm SO happy for you, Ellen!! I was thinking of you all day and sending you lots of love :)
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Carrie
Ellen!!!! Wonderful news, I so hope you are enjoying this beautiful weekend! I love you so much! xoxoxo Love, Meg
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to share this deep collective sigh of elation celebration with the "Ellen Friedman Fan & Groupie Club"!!! Gratitude, Ellen, for generating all of this joyful LOVE!*!*!*! Mwah!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat news about the Path report. I am so glad to hear it. It sounds like you are doing a beautiful job of taking care of yourself. Keep up the good work. Keeping you in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteJan
Dear Ellen,
ReplyDeleteRichard and I have talked, prayed and thought about you daily. We celebrate the good news and know there will be more to come.
We love you, Richard and Renee
WHEW,THANK GOODNESS THE SURGERY RESULTS WERE SO POSITIVE.
ReplyDeleteYOU ARE SUCH A SPECIAL WOMAN ELLEN, A SOURCE OF STRENGTH TO
ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS. I HOPE YOUR DAYS CONTINUE TO BE FILLED
WITH FRIENDS, NATURE AND GOOD HEALING. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE
YOU LATER THIS WEEK. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JANN
Your fantastic spirit shines through your blog updates and makes me realize that you will be just fine. Thank goodness for Friday's uplifting news. I have been so worried. It has made me realize how much I cherish our friendship. I feel frustrated being far away at a time when I would gladly come and visit. See you in early October instead. Much love, Connie
ReplyDelete9/4/09
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLEN
I just wanted to wish you a joyous day of Celebration.
Kisses,
Wendy