Yesterday was quite a whirlwind of a day. A few memorable moments in addition to those that Sky so beautifully mentioned in his post:
The pre-op area nurse, Eva, who was wonderful and compassionate, showed Mom Kaiser's "CARE" television station with relaxation music and beautiful scenes of nature for soothing and meditation. We had that on in the pre-op area while all the final paperwork was being done, IV was being put in, etc. and she's had this station on in her room for much of today. After she was all prepared in the pre-op area, Dad, Annie and I (Sierra) were with her.
Dad arrived from his first morning of school with his new class with cards and a perfect, lavendar colored rose that his new students had brought in for mom! (He had sent a letter explaining why he'd be missing part of the first and second days of school and these thoughtful families reached out with support before even meeting any of us. Wow!)
We each received many text messages, voice mails and emails from so many of you who were then able to pass along the chain of healing as we had more information about how things had gone.
One thing we forgot to mention here was the good news that Dr. Powell gave us: the PET scan was negative (ie: clear). We were very, very happy to hear that!
Yesterday Mom re-read many of the cards that she received over the last week or so and it was wonderful to see how they made her smile. It was very special to be able to be all together, Dad, Annie, Sky and I, with mom in her room as she settled in last night. Dad stayed with her overnight and they both slept pretty well from what I understand.
Today Ellen is one step further on her journey of healing! She reports that today has been a good day. She's been resting on and off all day surrounded by love. Danny and Annie have been with her for most of the day. She's had a few other special visitors and has been nourished with delicious, home-cooked food from Lindy and Annie. Yum! Alan and I are on our way to visit with her this evening; Danny will stay the night with her again tonight before heading back to be with his new class tomorrow morning.
Tomorrow, the big step will be for her to get out of bed and start walking with the nurses. She's looking forward to that after a day of much needed, and well deserved, rest. Her voice has sounded stronger and stronger throughout the day. Currently, the estimates are that she'll be heading home on Thursday or Friday to continue her healing in Kenwood.
It has been truly amazing to be a witness to the amount of love and support Mom has. I know I speak for my whole family when I say how much it means to all of us to have all of you in our lives. Thank you! Let the healing continue!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This might be a double post but it never hurts to say I LOVE you again and again. I just wanted to say how beautiful it is to see such LOVE in a family. Love is the key to life. Much Love to you Ellen. Glad to hear you´re back at home. xxxoooxxx Ellen xxxoooxxx
ReplyDeleteand since I´m sending out my love...I just wanted to say much LOVE to all in the family. It´s been great to be able to stay abreast thanks to all of your wonderful words and positive energy.
ReplyDelete