Today I hope to get the results from the second read of my biopsy. If the second read is the same as the first then I will be having surgery on Monday.
I spent 2 hours in my pre op appointment yesterday. I had a physical, at least the kind you get before getting an operation. One thing that was interesting about this physical was that I was checked out to see how access is to my airway for anesthesia. My last surgery I had an epidural and I don't remember this kind of exam. Sierra was with me. We both felt it there were many aspects of a very inefficient system. I was seen by 3 nurses. The first was a nice person, but neither of us were impressed by her nursing skills. The second we really liked. The only problem was she asked all the same questions and repeated all the same information the first nurse did. The third was a nurse practitioner. She asked all the same questions again and repeated the same information but was a bit more formal than the first two nurses I saw. I think the entire process could have been done in 30 minutes.
Next was the PET Scan. That was an interesting experience. It was in a trailer on Geary Street. I felt like I was in a Space Ship. It was cold inside and felt like it was rocking a bit from the wind outside. FYI, a PET scan, I have been told is the best test to see if there are any tumors in your body. I should have the results to this on Friday.
I really don't like needles. One arm had blood drawn from the other had an IV of radioactive glucose (that was for the PET Scan).
I am glad all of this is behind me.
I am planning to shop today for a few supplies for the hospital and for my recovery period.
I have a short business meeting and will spend some time with Danny in his classroom.
There is no good timing for a medical challenge. Sadly, my surgery is scheduled for Danny's first day of school. The plan right now is he will meet his kids and stay at school until recess and then come to SF and be with me. He will stay with me through Tuesday and really start school on Wednesday.
Every day I get more messages of how I am surrounded by love. I KNOW love heals. It healed me before and it will again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Ellen,
ReplyDeleteGlad that pre-op part is behind you now too. You are really moving right along to get this whole ordeal over and done with. Did you get the second opinion back on your biopsy slides or are you good to go with the surgery? Praying for all the best. I love you lots, Julie
To Ellen--Learning to navigate through a "blog" is not easy for this old aunt of yours! A few more errors and I will have it mastered. Just wanted you to know that my original message is at the end (?beginning) of this invention. I loved talking with you today, you continue to amaze me and I have increasing faith that things will be improving in a short while. I'm glad yesterday is behind you, it sounds to me as if you handled it with superb equanimity.
ReplyDeleteWith all my love..............Ruth
Thanks so much for the update about Wednesday.
ReplyDeleteI trust that you will get good information about the path report and the petscan. Asha and I are enjoying our visit. Sending all my love and hugs,
Nancy